At Fairlawn House we are committed to doing as much as we can to help protect our environment.
The Fairlawn team is dedicated to working on environmental issues and implementing policies to ensure that we are as ‘green’ as possible.
Here are some of the areas we are working to improve:
- Using local suppliers and organic produce wherever possible
- Promoting local businesses and providing details of Local walks and Bus Services
- Encouraging guests to use the excellent local Park and Ridefacilities
- Installation of efficient loft insulation
- Encouraging staff to walk and car share when coming to work
- Recycling as much as possible – paper, cardboard, plastics and glass
- Reducing paper usage via e-mails and recycling printer cartridges
- Changing to Energy Saving Bulbs where possible
- Thermostatically controlled, easily adjustable heating
- Installation of Water Butts
- Composting for use in the garden
As a guest here at Fairlawn House we hope that you, too, will take a little time to think about the environment during your stay - perhaps by turning off the lights in your room whenever possible, re-using towels, or by visiting local attractions and supporting the local area.