For Quality Bed and Breakfast
- The building is 3 minutes walk from the bus station.
- The nearest train station is in Salisbury, which is only 8 miles away, and about 10 minutes walk away from Salisbury’s bus station and taxi rank.
- We have a website which has plenty of information and details on how to find us.
- Feel free to contact us by phone, email or fax (details below).
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- The building is situated on the High Street with temporary parking just outside the door. (Please note parking in these slots is only allowed for one hour and traffic wardens make regular checks).
- There is parking available in the medical centre car park just around the corner from the building. You may park in any bay providing it is not marked permit, doctor or staff. You also must put one of our parking permit slips in the window of your car. This permit will be offered to you on your arrival.
- Parking times are 5.30pm to 8.30am Monday to Thursday. 5.30pm Friday to 8.30am Monday.
- We are happy to help any guest with their luggage.
- The building is situated in the centre of Amesbury, which has many local amenities.
- Please note our latest check in time is 10.00pm.
Main Entrance and Reception Areas
- The front door has 3 steps leading up to it. They measure 14cm high; the door itself opens inwards and measures 96cms wide.
- The main entrance is always locked. There is a button doorbell (132cms high) on the left hand side of the door. There is also the telephone number printed by the doorbell.
- We have a spacious hall with seating. It is well lit at all times, there is carpeting throughout the ground floor areas.
- The first door to the right, which is 85cms wide and opens inwards, leads to the lounge and bar.
- These rooms are dark red, with brown leather seating, all real wood furnishings, a television and working gas fire. This room is well lit and contains a small library with a range of books and board games. The bar is a welcoming area serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to residents from 6pm.
- Breakfast is served 7am to 8.30am Monday to Friday and 8am to 9.30am on Saturday and Sunday
- Access is from the second door from the right once past the lounge door. The door opens outwards and measures 75cms wide.
- The first step down is 26cms high, then there is a small landing followed by 9 standard height steps measuring 20cms high, there is a rounded handrail to assist you up and down the stairs. After the 9 steps there is a small landing that turns to the left then a step down once more, through an archway measuring 76cms in width.
- There are signs in place to remind you to mind your head whilst going down the stairs to the restaurant.
- To the right of the staircase are a Ladies and a Gents WC, and in front of you is the cooked breakfast menu in large print.
- To the left are breakfast cereals, juices and milk, toast, fresh fruit and yoghurts. We also have a wide range of different teas and freshly ground coffee including decaffeinated. You can help yourself or we are happy to offer full table service. Tea, coffee, toast and cooked breakfast are always brought to your table.
- Through the large archway measuring 119cms in width is the restaurant. The tables are individually laid for 2-4 persons and the restaurant can seat up to a maximum of thirty people.
- There is a high chair available if required
- The seating is on high backed chairs with no arms. The tables are square granite.
- All flooring is carpeted in the breakfast room and stair area, however the buffet area is cushioned flooring.
- There is an emergency exit in the restaurant which leads to the outside courtyard garden, this door will be unlocked at all times that there is anyone in the lower ground floor area.
- The only meals served in this restaurant are breakfast meals at present.
- 24 hrs laundry service. Not available at weekends. Please ask a member of staff.
- Ironing and shoe cleaning materials are available at reception.
- There is not a shop available in the guest house however there are a number of local shops close by.
Leisure and Tourism Facilities
- There is a large leisure centre in Salisbury (Five Rivers) which is about a 25 minute bus journey away or 15 minutes when travelling by car. Frequent buses run to Salisbury from Amesbury bus station.
- There are two gyms in Amesbury, both a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
- There is a Tourist Information Centre in Amesbury at the Library, which is situated in Smithfield Street. This is open 10a.m.-5p.m. on Monday,
9a.m. – 5.p.m. Tuesday – Friday and 9a.m. – 1p.m.Saturday
Conference and Meeting Rooms
- All bedrooms are situated through the left hand door past the lounge, this door measures 84cms and opens inwards.
- All the ground floor rooms are through the door on the left, which is 83cms wide and opens outwards into a corridor, which is 100cms wide. The corridor is beige wall colouring with a blue carpet, which has pink dots.
- The first floor rooms are up the staircase.
- The staircase is open plan with a wooden handrail. It is carpeted with a blue carpet with yellow markings, and it is well lit. It measures 112cms wide. The staircase consists of 4 steps17cms high to a small landing that turns to the right; 3 steps 17cms high to another small landing that turns right and 6 steps 17cms high that lead to the last small landing. Then 6 steps 17cms high that lead to the first floor landing, which is painted pale and mid blue and has the same carpeting as the staircase.
- We do request that rooms are vacated by 10 am at the latest so they may be cleaned. Anyone who wises a further lay-in please inform us the day before and place the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.
This room is located on the ground floor. The bedroom door opens into the room and is 75cm wide. This room is pale beige and cream in colour and caramel carpeting, with spotlighting in both the bedroom and bathroom. This room consists of a double bed and one single bed, which have patterned throws that are blue and white striped. The bathroom is on the other side of the room. The door to the bathroom opens out into the bedroom and measures 67cms wide, there is a small step into the bathroom, which is 22cms high. The bathroom has a shower, wash basin, toilet and heated towel rail. The toilet is on a higher platform then the rest of the room by 13cms. The shower has a step of 22cms to stop water escaping.
This room has a double bed and has cream and brown modern interior. The bedroom door measures 75cms and opens into the room. The bathroom door is 67cms wide and opens into the bedroom. The en-suite bathroom consists of a shower, wash basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Pale pink and cream colouring, with a dark pink carpet. Single bed with a throw that is pale pink with white flowers. The door for this room is 75cms wide and opens into the room. The bathroom door is 74cms wide and opens into the bedroom. The en-suite bathroom consists of a shower, washbasin, toilet and heated towel rail.
This room has a double bed with a light cream throw. It has a very light interior and is spacious. The door to the room is 76cms wide and opens into the room. The bathroom is on the far right of the room and has a small step measuring 11cms going into it, the door to the bathroom is 76cms wide and opens out into the bedroom. The bathroom has a large shower that steps up 15cms. It has a toilet, washbasin and heated towel rail.
This is a large double bedroom, decorated beige and white with the throw on the bed giving the room a hint of orange. The door is 75cms and opens into the room. The bathroom door opens into the bedroom it measures 68cms. The toilet is on a platform that is 12cms high, there is a large washbasin, and a spacious shower with a step 28cms high.
This room is on the first floor. The door opens into the bedroom and measures 84cms wide. The bedroom is decorated brightly with pale blue and light yellow wall and mid blue carpeting. This is a double bedroom with the bed decorated with a mustard yellow throw and two pale yellow cushions. The bathroom for this room can be accessed through a door, which is 61cms wide and opens into the bedroom. There is a toilet, washbasin and a shower, which has a step 11cms high.
This room has a door that opens into it that is 83cms wide, there are two single beds in the room with beige and red patterned throws. The carpet is blue and the walls beige. The bathroom door opens into the bedroom and is 56cms wide when in the bathroom you will see it has a shower with a step 31cms high, a toilet and a washbasin.
There is a large double mahogany bed with matching wardrobe, which has immaculate detailing. The bed is dressed with a gold, green and red throw with gold rimming around the border. The room is decorated with an oriental feel, from the curtains to the artwork on the walls. It has a crimson carpet and cream coloured walls. The door for this room measures 83cms wide and opens into the bedroom. The bathroom door opens into the bedroom, and measures 56 cms in width. It has a bath with a hand held shower, a washbasin and toilet.
This room has a pink and white rose detailed throw covering the double bed, and a rich crimson carpet. This room has a door measuring 83cms that opens into the room. The bathroom door is 56 cms wide and opens into the bedroom. There is a step into the bathroom measuring 11cm as well as there being a step into the shower of 31 cms.
This room has three single beds each of which has a red, blue and beige striped throw. The carpet is of an unusual pattern in the colours beige and blue, with the walls painted white and beige. The door to the room is 83 cms wide and opens into the room. The bathroom door is 76 cms and opens into the bedroom. The shower has a step of 25 cms high.
This room is decorated in white and blue. The throw on the double bed is finely detailed with white and blue flowers. The bedroom door opens into the room and measures 83cms. The bathroom door opens into the bathroom and is 68 cms wide. The shower has a step, which is 27cms high.
This room has a double and a single bed. The room is cream in colour and both beds have throws, which are cream with large pink, yellow and green orchid flower detailing. The door to the bedroom opens into the room it is 83 cms wide. The bathroom door opens into the bathroom and is 76 cms wide. This bathroom has a bath with a hand held shower, a washbasin and a toilet.
This is our smallest room, which is single occupancy. The room is decorated white, and the throw on the bed has red, blue and beige stripes. The bedroom door opens into the room and is 83 cms. The sliding door for the bathroom is 76cms wide. The shower step is 17cms high.
Grounds and Gardens
- The courtyard garden is not currently available to residents.
- There is a recreation ground 15 minutes walk away, which has a play park, and forest area. Also during the warmer months you can watch the local cricket and football teams play (free of charge).
- All rooms have a tray with tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits and a kettle. These are checked daily and cleaned as well as replenished. If you require fresh milk we are happy to supply it.
- All bedrooms are en suite and stocked with soap, shower gel and toilet paper. Towels are checked daily and replaced as required or as requested.
- All rooms have a flat screen television, which is connected to freeview, as well as there being a larger television in the lounge, which residents may use at any time.
Fire Safety Information
1st floor fire exit: This exit is a door clearly marked and next to room 6. The door opens out and measures 80cms in width. There is a small corridor and the door straight in front leads to the fire escape. The door opens out at the top of the stairs and is 82cms wide. To your left are 15 open steps, which are each 22cms high. At the bottom of the stair to the right is another door, which opens out and is 75cms wide. The step down from the door is 45cms deep. Follow the corridor round to the right and you will come to a gate, which opens in, and measures 112cms wide. This gate leads to the path in front of the building.
Ground floor fire exit: This exit is situated on the far side of the Lounge/Bar area. This door has a push down bar to open it. The door opens out and measures 85cms in width. There is a step down, which is 15cms in height, followed by another step, which is 19cms in height. In front of you will be another door, which has a push handle to release it. The door opens out, and is 74cms wide. Then there is a step 8cms in height. Follow the corridor round to the right and you will come to a gate, which opens in, and measures 112cms wide. This gate leads to the path in front of the building.
The other ground floor exit is the main entrance is the front door which has 3 steps leading up to it they measure 14cm high, the door itself opens inwards and measures 96cms wide. The main entrance is always locked, but can be opened without a key from the inside.
Kitchen fire exit: The kitchen is in the old wine cellar, just off the restaurant. As you enter the kitchen there is a door right in front of you. There is a step up for the door, which is 42cms high. The door opens out and measures 76cms wide. To the left is 8 steps up which are each 17cms high. At the top there is one step to the right, which is 15cms high, at the top of this step is a door, which opens out and is 75cms wide. The step down from the door is 6cms in height. Follow the corridor round to the right and you will come to a gate, which opens in, and measures 112cms wide. This gate leads to the path in front of the building.
Restaurant fire exit: At the far end of the restaurant is a glass pane door, which opens in and is 84cms wide. Immediately behind that is a step 21cms high including the lip. There are 11 steps that curve around to the left which are each 20cms high. Then there is a step onto the decking, which is 28cms high. Follow the path around to the left, which brings you to a gate that opens inwards, and is 114cms wide. There is another gate not far behind that which opens inwards and is 114cms wide. This leads to the path at the front of the building.
The Fire Muster Point is opposite the building on ther garage forecourt.
Keith & Tracey Pullen
42 High Street
Tel: 01980 622103
click to email